Privacy Act Statement
The information that you provide will permit the Federal Reserve to respond to consumer complaints and inquiries regarding practices by banks and other financial institutions supervised by the Board. The information you provide will be stored in the system of records entitled BGFRS-18, “FRB—Consumer Complaint Information” and may be disclosed for the following purposes:
- to a Board-regulated entity that is the subject of a complaint or inquiry;
- to third parties to the extent necessary to obtain information that is relevant to the resolution of a complaint or inquiry;
- for enforcement, statutory, and regulatory purposes;
- to another agency or Federal Reserve Bank;
- to a member of Congress;
- to the Department of Justice, a court, an adjudicative body or administrative tribunal, or a party in litigation;
- to contractors, agents, and others;
- to facilitate a response to a breach of the Board; and
- to assist another federal agency or federal entity in responding to a breach.
This collection of information is authorized by 12 U.S.C. §§
248 and 1844, 15 U.S.C. § 57a(f), and other consumer protection laws. You are
not required to file a complaint or inquiry and you may withdraw your complaint
or inquiry at any time. However, if you do so, the Federal Reserve may not be
able to investigate your complaint or inquiry.