If you have a problem with a bank or other financial institution, contact the Federal Reserve for help.

Foreclosure / Bankruptcy / Debt Collection

Back to top
  • Bankruptcy
    • Filing for Bankruptcy: What to Know (FTC)

      If you plan to file for bankruptcy protection, you must receive credit counseling from a government-approved organization within 180 days before filing. You must also complete a debtor education course to have your debts discharged. Find out more about these requirements under The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005.

      Español Presentar su declaración de bancarrota personal: Lo que necesita saber

Back to top Back to top